Between a Stone Slab and a Temple Pillar


-----------------------


Everyone was blinded by the light- the wave of bright intense light, as the last of Yuugi's monsters was shattered into a million pieces. The holographic technology rendering the lifelike images was courtesy of Kaiba Corp., whose CEO was standing at the sideline, together with his younger brother Mokuba, at a respectable distance from the gang of friends: Jounouchi, Honda, Anzu, Bakura, Malik, Rishid, Isis, and last but not least, Yuugi's grandfather.

A collective gasp sounded through the large room, the temple with the Ceremonial Gate leading to the Afterlife. Here was where the Ceremonial Battle had been fought, and even though Yuugi had managed to defeat the Three Gods, the Pharaoh had turned the tables in his very last turn and resulted into being the winner. He wasn't the King of Games for nothing, of course. The Pharaoh... no, he had a name. They had spend so much time, living through so many adventures, finding his name, the last key, the last secret to be revealed. They went through darkness, through shadows, through malice and hatred, and fought and battled to find the light, salvation, friendship and happiness.

And now... uncertainty. Yuugi wasn't really sure what to do, as the life points counter on his Duel Disk went down to zero. He wanted to cry in frustration, scream out in aggravation, clenching his fists until his knuckles turned white. He didn't want the Pharaoh... no, Atemu, to leave, but had prepared himself mentally for it, knowing that it was the best solution after all, no matter which way he looked at it- Atemu needed to go to the Afterlife, finding his eternal rest, ending the circle of events that had been put in motion the moment he sacrificed himself to save his friends and nation from darkness.

"Mou... mou hitori no boku..." He bit his lower lip, almost drawing blood. He didn't want to cry! He should be happy! Atemu had won, why was he crying? Because he won't stay with you. Look at yourself, little cry baby! He's a Pharaoh... and probably sick and tired of you whining and crying! It's not fair! Not fair!

"Aibou," he answered, and Yuugi bit back another flow of tears. Even his voice... gods, but did he want to hear his voice again and again.

"You... you won..." and he didn't dare to finish his sentence. His hitching voice was, aside from a small sob now and then, the only sound resonating in the temple. Everyone was standing, almost frozen, clearly confused. Deep down in their hearts, they had assumed that Yuugi would win, and with his victory Atemu would be send back to the Afterlife… after all, wasn't that was everything had been about? All that time, all those years?

Jounouchi looked confused at Honda, knowing that Anzu would be crying as well. The girl held her hands in front of her face, her thoughts obviously jumbled and her mind racing, now that the one thing she was expecting to happen, didn't happen after all. Bakura probably didn't realize the baffled look on his face, as well as Mutou Suguroku; seeing his grandson lose was probably something he didn't have on his mind. Kaiba was the first one to regain his usual facial expression- the one of major annoyance.

"So, Atemu has won. Not unexpectedly, as he wields the God Cards." Ignoring the fact that those same cards were destroyed pretty much at the beginning of the battle, Kaiba turned around on his heels. "We're finished here, Mokuba. Let's go!"

"Nii-sama, but what..?" The younger Kaiba couldn't keep his eyes from the small stage with the Ceremonial Tablet where the Sennen Items had been placed, and from Atemu and Yuugi- finally separated, so close and so far away at the same time.

"We go," Kaiba said curtly, starting to walk to the staircase, back to the exit. After a few seconds, Mokuba followed him, throwing another look over his shoulder.

"Sister?" Malik asked tentatively, hoping that his sister would have the answer. From the surprised look on her face, she hadn't expected this outcome either. "Sister, what's going to happen now that the Pharaoh has won?"

"I'm... I'm not sure," she answered him, her hand flying to her neck, touching her skin, reminding her painfully that the Tauk wasn't there anymore. She didn't need that particular Item though, to notice the strong feelings radiating from the two on the small stage; Atemu had his hands on Yuugi's shoulders, waiting for him to collect himself again.

"I don't think... I'm not really sure if the Pharaoh can keep his body, or that the situation reverts itself and he'll return to the Sennen Puzzle..." Her voice was hesitant, fragile. She really didn't like it that she hadn't an answer ready, but the simple truth was that she didn't know.

"Atemu-kun has won," Bakura said softly and rather superfluously, wondering if the voice in his head would return now that the Pharaoh obviously wouldn't return to the Afterlife. The way he was looking at Yuugi... it wasn't his usual overprotective, stern and fierce look- there was something smouldering in his eyes that only could be interpreted as...

"I think they're going to need a minute alone," Yuugi's grandfather suddenly spoke up. "What has happened is... very strange. Very strange indeed... let's give them a minute to catch their breath, all right?"

For once in their lives, Jounouchi and Honda agreed almost wordlessly, not objecting to any of the elderly man's words. Turning around and following Kaiba to the exit, only Anzu looked back once, her tears more out of relief than anything else.

"Aibou," Atemu repeated, as soon as the last of their friends had left the temple, footsteps dying away on the stairs. "Aibou, look at me. Why are you crying?"

"Mou... mou hitori no boku," Yuugi said, furiously rubbing at his eyes. "I'm sorry..."

"There is nothing you have to be sorry for, aibou," Atemu said soothingly, moving his hand to Yuugi's wrist and pressing the small button on the Duel Disk to release the device, taking the weight off his small arm.

"I... I don't know what's going to happen now, mou hitori no boku," Yuugi said, his eyes travelling over the other's face. Atemu snapped the Duel Disk from his own wrist and dumped the device unceremoniously on the floor.

"Aibou... I have a name now..."

"Of course, I'm so sorry," Yuugi hurried to say. "Phar... Atemu-san..."

Atemu turned his head a little, smiling over at him.

"It is going to be such a pleasure hearing you scream it, aibou..."

"Whu-what?"

Yuugi barely had the time to realize what was happening as Atemu grabbed him, clenching his shirt with his fingers and ripping the fabric instantly.

"Mou... mou hitori no boku! What are you doing?"

"What does it look like?" The former Pharaoh said amusedly, moving his hands to Yuugi's sides to pull him close. "I'm going to make you scream my name, aibou. Loud and clear."

"But- but...!"

"Yes, that one too," Atemu deadpanned and lowered his hands, unabashedly squeezing Yuugi's rear. He gave such a loud "Eep!" that it echoed throughout the large temple. His shirt was torn to shreds in a few seconds, and the pitiful remnants were thrown on the floor, along with his jacket. He only needed a few moments to return the gestures, clawing with his fingers at the other's chest, wanting the fabric to disappear, to tear it off. Tilting his head back, he moaned out loud as firm, warm lips were pressed to his skin. Yuugi closed his eyes, his mind rapidly becoming clouded with lust and desire, as his thoughts subconsciously reached out for Atemu.

//Gods... so good... how... why..?//

It didn't surprise him, or he was too much occupied to be surprised, when Atemu answered him via the mind link.

// I love you, aibou... from the beginning... you know that... you felt it too...//

//Yes, yes..!// It didn't have much sense denying it, as they shared body, mind and soul for all that time, now did it? His belt was torn from his pants, ripping the belt loops, and he couldn't care less. Moving his hands up, sinking them in the so-much-alike soft hair, he pulled Atemu's face closer, breathing nothing but hoarse whispers.

//But our friends... they're waiting for us upstairs...//

//They can wait a little longer...//

//Mou hitori no boku...// Yuugi bit his lips as he felt the first buttons of his pants being undone, strong fingers touching him... there... and he could barely think anymore.

//Yes, aibou..?// He didn't imagine the amusement in the other's mental voice.

//Why now... I mean... you have your own body now, but... why...//

//Because I cannot fucking wait until we are back on the boat! Now... do you wish to be taken on the stone slab or up against the temple pillar?//

---------------------------


Jounouchi had never been patient, and he was pacing up and down, working his way through the sand, throwing irritated looks at the entrance of the temple.

"What's taking them so long, gramps? It's been more than one minute, and all we hear is Yuugi calling Atemu's name! Are you sure he's not in any kind of danger or something?"

"I'm pretty sure," Yuugi's grandfather said, a small, knowing smile tugging at his lips. "Have some patience, young man, I think that..."

"Again!" Jounouchi yelled, interrupting the elder man. "What's happening down there? Is he making Yuugi repeat his name time and time again because he likes hearing it?"

"Give the guy a break man, he hasn't known his name for three millennia," Honda said, slightly irritated from impatience as well. "Who cares if Yuugi wants to call out his name? I'm more worried that we're not on time for the boat!"

"If we miss the boat, I know a place nearby where we can spend the night, so don't worry," Malik said, wearing the same not-quite-understanding look on his face. Anzu was sitting down next to Isis in the shade of a protruding rock, her eyes fixed on the entrance. Very faint, in the distance, she could recognize Yuugi's voice, repeating Atemu's name again.

"We're going to miss the boat, aren't we?" She asked, resignation in her voice. Isis tugged a little at her dress.

"Yes, Anzu. We're going to miss the boat."



-------------------------