Hold my Prayers up to the Sun


"Are you sure?" Yuugi asked, leaning into his touch. "You don't have to do it because you feel obligated."

"No, I want to," Atemu said. Even though his voice was a little shaky, he didn't sound scared or strained. "When you were in the bath... and told me that you wanted me..."

"Yes?"

"Nobody has ever said that to me before." Atemu coyly averted his eyes. "The way you said it, and when you repeated it just now..." He shivered, but not from any cold. Yuugi pressed his lips on his for a simple kiss and used the opportunity to slip his hands under Atemu's ears, easily and handily removing the heavy earrings. He made sure to caress his earlobes as he took the jewelry; Atemu shivered again. Yuugi put the earrings on the nightstand. He didn't bother taking off Atemu's rings; they weren't heavy or large and wouldn't get in the way. Atemu touched the ring dangling from the necklace Yuugi always was wearing.

"Remember when you gave it to me?" Yuugi whispered. "Just before you left for those six months overseas."

"We were apart for so long," Atemu said downtrodden. "I am sorry."

"Why do you say that?"

"Because I made you wait," he answered. "I made you wait for so long that I was afraid your patience would run out..."

"Yes, you needed a lot of time," Yuugi said, "but do you think that our relationship would've worked if we rushed into it? What if we hadn't respected each others' boundaries?"

"I had too many boundaries," Atemu admitted, a little sullen. He responded to the kisses as usual; Yuugi adored how much confidence Atemu had in kissing him; it felt so natural, so good, so wonderful. He could lose himself in those kisses for eternity and be perfectly happy with it. He kissed Atemu's sullen frown.

"You're not perfect," he said, "and I'm not perfect either. I waited for you because I love you."

"I love you too."

That's all that Yuugi wanted to hear. He trailed a little lower with his lips, kissing Atemu on his neck, in search for that sensitive spot that always elicited a delicious gasp of surprise and pleasure from the curator. He had no trouble locating it and to his delight, Atemu responded exactly as before, yet his reactions seemed even more intense this night. Yuugi moved his hands along Atemu's sides but found his own movements confined by the bathrobe he was still wearing. Atemu shared that opinion, because his fingers tugged at the knot that held the fabric together.

"Take it off," Atemu said in such a surprisingly husky voice that it made shivers run down Yuugi's spine; the dark, sensuous tone send delicious chills all over his body. The bathrobe ended up in a heap on the floor. Now he was completely naked, while Atemu was still covered from the waist down - but neither one of them was in a hurry. Yuugi pressed butterfly kisses all over Atemu's chest, while Atemu ran his fingers over his shoulders and back, his fingers tantalizing light and tender.

Yuugi moved lower with his lips, only to straighten himself and start all over again by kissing him on the neck. He inhaled Atemu's typical scent, a mysterious blend of spices, hot desert sun and sand; he nuzzled his neck and suckled on his skin, leaving a hickey. Atemu chuckled.

"Really?"

"You're going to need to wear a scarf to work," Yuugi grinned. "I bet the collars of your beloved Gucci shirts don't reach that high."

"You fiend," Atemu said, running his hand through Yuugi's hair. "You know all my weak spots."

"What kind of boyfriend would I be if I didn't know them by now?" He latched himself onto Atemu's neck again, meanwhile enjoying the curator playing with his hair. He kept his own hands busy as well; stroking, caressing and touching bare skin. So far, this wasn't going much further than their usual kissing and cuddling, but Yuugi wanted to avoid rushing. He cherished this moment, wanting to make it special for both Atemu and himself.

"I do not know all of your weak spots," Atemu whispered. "Does that make me a bad boyfriend?"

"Not at all." Yuugi finished another hickey, two in a nice row. "You're just inexperienced, my love, and there's nothing wrong with that. Just think of all the exploring you can do... of how many discoveries there are lying in wait for you..."

Atemu gasped at the third hickey. "Ah..! I guess... no, I know I have got my work cut out for me... and I am very sure I am going to like it." He sounded hesitant, though. "Habibi... do you not think it is rather weird for someone my age to have such little... experience?"

"You have experience," Yuugi said, smiling at him. "You're the biggest cuddler ever and you love to hug and kiss. We're working on the next step as we speak." He studied the expression on Atemu's face. "You really have never been with anyone that way?"

"No, not that way. Something... always came up."

"Your work," Yuugi said and as Atemu nodded, he added: "Your walls."

"I..."

"You wouldn't allow anyone to come close." Yuugi nuzzled him again. "And when you close yourself off like that, there's no way you can give yourself in a relationship. Not this intimate."

"You are right." Atemu pursed his lips for a kiss and Yuugi was happy to comply. He got an idea. He slipped his arms under Atemu's and rolled onto his back, taking the curator with him so he ended up on top of him. Yuugi nipped at his bottom lip.

"Imagine me as an artifact," he said. "Touch me. Explore me. Discover me. What do you do when you hold an artifact in your hands? How would you touch it?"

Atemu was surprised by the sudden action, but he didn't balk at Yuugi's suggestion. After a moment, while still looking a little anxious, he lifted up his hands and put his fingers on Yuugi's chest. "I would study it," he said. "I would look at it from every angle."

"M-mm." Yuugi made a noncommittal sound. Atemu continued to press his fingers over his chest, his touch warm and exploring. He examined him, caressing sensitive spots and showing delighted at discovering them. As he was so engrossed with the touches, the curator didn't notice that as he shifted around, he was grinding into Yuugi, with only the thin cotton bed sheet between their lower regions. Yuugi tilted his head back and moaned. That delicious friction, combined with the explorative touches, drove him slowly but surely insane. Yuugi's hands went to Atemu's hips, fingers slipping between skin and fabric, and he pulled the sheet further down, exposing more bare skin. Atemu's erratic breathing increased and he leaned into Yuugi, temporarily halting his movements.

"Are you alright?" Yuugi asked, eyes half-lidded.

"Yes," Atemu answered, his voice a mere whisper. "I... I never knew..."

"...that you could feel this way?" he supplied. He could see a furious blush appear on Atemu's face; for the first time ever he saw the curator turning red! Yuugi teased him just a little. "It's very good that you acknowledge your horny feelings."

"H-horny?" he sounded almost aghast. Softly laughing, Yuugi reached up to him and pecked him on the cheek.

"I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself. Go on, but don't..." Right at that moment, an already embarrassed Atemu shifted as if he wanted to move away from Yuugi, and they gasped simultaneously when the intense friction made them both shiver.

"Wh-what was that?" Atemu exclaimed.

"I was trying to tell you not to wiggle around so much," Yuugi said after he found his voice again. "You have no idea what you're evoking, and it's terribly hard for me to keep myself under control."

"So I see." Atemu cleared his throat after looking down. "It also has the same effect on me."

Yuugi hid a laugh behind his hand. "You're one of a kind, my love."

"The good kind of bad kind?"

"The good kind," Yuugi assured him. He put his hands on Atemu's hips again. Albeit hesitant, Atemu continued with his caresses and touches. His fingers dipped lower and lower and as he shifted his position once more, Yuugi seized the movement to pull the bed sheet away. There were no more barriers between them, in every sense of the word. Atemu lowered his head so Yuugi couldn't see the expression on his face. He raked his fingers through the other's hair.

"Did anyone tell you that you're beautiful?" he asked.

"You did," Atemu said, voice soft.

"And I was right," Yuugi continued. "You're so, so beautiful. You have nothing to be ashamed of or feel awkward about." Which was easier said than done, of course. Yuugi remembered his first time; an unsatisfactory, bumbling mess that had been physically painful and embarrassing to boot. He didn't want the same to happen to Atemu, who was so... delicate in this area. How many feelings were rushing through him, how was he dealing with the situation? Yuugi took his hands into his, caressing his fingers. "My beautiful Pharaoh," he said. "Do you want to stop? We can continue another time."

He thought that Atemu was going to say yes, he wanted to stop, but the curator shook his head again. "No, I want to continue," he said. "I cannot... no, I refuse to run away any longer."

"Run away from what?" Yuugi asked, still stroking and caressing his fingers.

Atemu didn't look at Yuugi directly. "From what I feel," he said. "I wish I could be the perfect lover, habibi, and satisfy you the entire night long... but I have to accept that I feel awkward yet aroused, embarrassed yet... energetic?"

"I always appreciate your honesty." He pressed a kiss to Atemu's fingers. "It's a very big step for you, don't forget that."

He pulled him closer so that the curator lied with his full weight on top of him. They kissed passionately, gasping into the kisses when the friction became more heated. Yuugi's hands darted over Atemu's back, tracing his spine, going lower and lower. He touched his lower backside, fingers caressing the smooth skin. Atemu buried his head in the crook of his neck, smothering a moan. He pressed back against Yuugi's hands, and the ensuing friction almost rendered Yuugi breathless. How long was he going to be able to hold on? He wanted Atemu so badly. No matter how lovely and wonderful the kisses, hugs and cuddles were, he wanted to feel connected, to be connected with Atemu in the most intimate way possible. He softly whispered his name. Atemu said something in return, but he couldn't hear it well.

"What is it..?"

"... me," Atemu said, voice smothered.

"I can't hear you," Yuugi said in all earnest. Atemu tilted his head towards him.

"Make love to me," he said. The curator would never use such vulgar words like 'fuck', and it sounded very endearing to Yuugi. He smiled at the other, overwhelmed by the love he felt for him.

"Are you sure?" he asked. It was very difficult to keep his own desire under control, but he wasn't as desperate as to cross Atemu's borders. Atemu nodded. He kissed him in the crook of his neck.

"I want you to," he whispered. "Please."

Yuugi embraced him. He was sure he hadn't heard any strain or pressure in Atemu's voice, and the curator was relaxed in his embrace, his body comfortable. Yuugi roamed his back while holding him, pressing kisses all over.

"I won't disappoint you," he breathed heavily. He had barely spoken the words or a sense of doubt went through him. He was the one with more experience, but did that make him an excellent lover? Atemu didn't have any reference material, yet Yuugi wanted this moment to be very special, to be perfect. He had to remind himself to trust his instincts and not aim for pure perfection, as that simply wasn't possible. He mentally went over a couple of positions; what was the best one to give Atemu the utmost pleasure and not making it too complicated? He kissed him one more time and shifted positions again. Atemu was now on his stomach and he put his hands on the pillow, tracking Yuugi's movements by turning his head into his direction. Yuugi retrieved the lube from his nightstand drawer. He had bought it a while ago, not knowing beforehand that it was going to take this long for Atemu and him to get intimate. The product hadn't expired and Yuugi was glad, as he was sure he wouldn't be able to go in without copious amounts of preparation. He wished that his first bed partner had done the same, but well, they had been so much younger and so incredibly horny. The same horniness was raging through him, that was for sure... but Yuugi had the maturity to think about his partner's pleasure and not solely about his own satisfaction.

"What are you doing?" Atemu asked curiously.

"I'm using a bit of lube," he explained. "It's odorless and it makes things a lot easier." He squirted the bottle and of course, it made a funny noise when the product came out. "Excuse me," Yuugi said, embarrassed. Atemu laughed out loud. Yuugi couldn't believe his ears.

"Ustaaz Khalfani! You're laughing at a fart noise?"

"Sorry, sorry!" Atemu buried his head into the pillow, his body shaking from the laughter. Yuugi couldn't help himself, he leaned into the other and whispered into his ear:

"My, my... what would your esteemed colleagues at the national museum think when I tell them about this?"

"Please, do not tell them," Atemu said, trying to regain his composure. "They would lose all respect for me. Without it, I will wither away," he added mock-dramatically.

"Well, we can't have that. We'll just keep it as our little secret," Yuugi quipped and kissed him for good measure, to make sure Atemu knew he'd been joking as well. He straightened himself again and warmed the product between his hands. Yuugi slipped his fingers between Atemu's buttocks. His movements were slow, but by keeping his focus on Atemu, he could at least somewhat ignore his own throbbing desire. Gods... Yuugi tried to keep his breathing under control. He slid a finger in, carefully gauging Atemu's reaction. No sign of discomfort, pain or anything else, and he added a second finger. Atemu squirmed just a little. Encouraged, Yuugi curved his fingers and moved them up and down, slow and gentle. He paid attention to Atemu's physical and mental reactions; for now, the curator had his eyes closed and his lips parted, reveling in the sensations. Yuugi smiled to himself. So far, everything was going well. He was happy with Atemu's response and he kept talking to him, soothing, comforting words while repeating the movements over and over again, his thumb caressing the skin and changing the position of his hand every now and then. With his other hand, he caressed the shape of Atemu's lower back, fingers tickling the tan skin very lightly.

"You have no idea how much I want you right now," Yuugi said. He almost didn't recognize his own voice; he sounded like a porn star, so low and throaty. He didn't think Atemu had heard it. The curator was too caught up in living through the array of physical sensations and he softly moaned, smothered into the pillow. Oh Gods, he just couldn't hold on for much longer. Yuugi leaned into Atemu and asked him again: "Are you sure?"

"Aywa..." Atemu said 'yes', the word leaving his lips with a lustful sigh. Yuugi kissed him between the shoulder blades and withdrew his fingers. He used more of the lube - fortunately the bottle didn't make any funny sounds now - on himself, generously coating his length. Anxious and excited, he crawled between Atemu's legs. He'd never been the dominating partner before. He used to be the one to submit, not that he regretted it. Yuugi would be a liar if he were to deny that this moment didn't mean anything to him. What raged through his body was more than just lust.

"Okay... take a deep breath and relax," Yuugi said. He was quite nervous himself. What if he failed and disappointed Atemu? He wanted this to go right, to be the best experience for the both of them. He took his time, also to savor the moment. Atemu completely trusted him, his eyes closed in anticipation, not in anxiety. The way he was lying down, naked and beautiful, his breathing uneven yet strong, open and vulnerable, yet so powerful was an amazing sight. Yuugi checked once more for signs of stress, but Atemu seemed fairly relaxed. He couldn't postpone much longer, not that he wanted to. He wanted this as much as Atemu, and his lover trusted him, waited for him... Yuugi shifted once more between Atemu's legs and positioned himself. He was ready. Very slowly, he started to push himself in. The curator reacted as if he was being stung by a bee, immediately cramping up.

"You have to relax," Yuugi said, keeping his voice calm.

"Yes, yes, sorry," Atemu mumbled. He inhaled and exhaled. Yuugi tried again, to no avail. It wasn't going to work, he was so cramped. Yuugi almost felt sorry for the other. How much had Atemu isolated himself to not even be able to experience intimate contact?

"Maybe we should just stop," Yuugi suggested. He'd rather not, but Atemu's comfort was more important right now. He leaned into him and kissed him on the cheek. "It's alright. It's a very big step. You need more time."

"I am sorry," Atemu said. "I am frustrating you."

"No, you're not," Yuugi said, a very small, white lie. "There are other ways to be intimate with each other and like I said, I'm not going to put any pressure on you. We're not going to do something you don't want to, remember?"

"But I want to," Atemu said. "I... just do not know how."

"Well, to put it bluntly, you need to relax," Yuugi said. "You literally need to open up to me. You love me, do you?"

"I do, I do," Atemu replied with such conviction and passion that it made Yuugi's heart sing. He never doubted his answer for a second. "I want this, I really want this."

"Yes, but do you want this for yourself or to satisfy me?" Yuugi asked.

"I do not want you to be disappointed in me. I want you to have all the pleasure you want."

"No, my love." Yuugi hugged him briefly. "It's about your pleasure tonight. Don't you worry about me. Don't do this because you feel obligated to. You have to want this yourself. It's okay to tell me something feels right or wrong."

"It feels right. It is my body... it reacts on its own, I'm sorry."

"Stop apologizing, please." Yuugi raked through Atemu's hair. It had to be the stress of the moment, he thought to himself. Maybe he hadn't prepared him well enough and they were moving too fast. Like he had said himself, there were many other ways to be intimate. Another kiss on his neck, his hand still stroking and petting his hair. "I love you so much. I want to be with you forever. My own, beautiful Pharaoh." Talking to him obviously calmed him down; it was soothing for the both of them. Yuugi could see Atemu relaxing visibly and a little bold, he decided to try again. If it still wasn't possible, he would stop, no matter what Atemu said. Taking a deep breath, he tried again, gently and slowly. This time, he managed to insert the tip and his chest almost exploded with overwhelming sensations. And he wasn't even fully in yet! He needed a moment to get himself together. Atemu moaned, lightly grimacing.

"Everything alright?" Yuugi checked him from the corner of his eye.

"Yes, I am fine," Atemu answered. His eyes were closed, but not in a cramped manner. His hand was clenched, his fingers tightly gripping the fabric of the pillow. Yuugi continued, unable to hold back a moan himself. This was... more than sensational. Inch by inch he progressed, going in deeper, enveloped by the heat and overwhelmed by the intensity of the moment. It took him great self-restraint to check up on Atemu regularly; he had to forcefully hold himself back to not push in faster and harder. Atemu lifted up his head, gasping. "This is the strangest... thing I have ever felt," he said.

"Good or bad?" Yuugi asked, running out of breath and brain capacity to form coherent sentences. Atemu replied something, but his words were unintelligible. It didn't look like he was in pain or any discomfort, so Yuugi pushed through, literally, until he was fully in. He didn't know who moaned the loudest.

"You okay?"

Atemu groaned and mumbled something in return that definitely wasn't Japanese. Now that he was fully in, Yuugi leaned into the curator, covering his body with his own. He could whisper into his ear that way, not that Atemu was listening to anything, his breathing far too erratic and his mind far too occupied to notice the individual words. Very slowly, Yuugi pulled out a little and pushed back in again, eliciting a loud, almost surprised cry from Atemu.

His mouth fell open in a wide 'O' and he shivered once more. Encouraged, Yuugi repeated the movement and again, and again, until he had found a pace that wasn't too fast and not too slow. He knew he wasn't going to last long, though. The pent-up tension, the long wait, the endless postponing, and now that his need and desire was being fulfilled... it was so difficult to keep himself focused and not reacting to the wild, burning passion rushing through his body, demanding more, and more, now now now..! He kept his hands on Atemu's shoulders, his fingers pressing against his skin while he rolled his hips, pushing into him. Oh, the heat! The tightness! The sensations... he couldn't help it, Yuugi answered to his own physical demands and urges and he increased his pace drastically and rapidly, his senses and his body taking over his mind. It was like he was sixteen all over again, horny and eager, and what added to this moment even more, was his first time as the 'dominating' partner. He had never experienced this before and he liked it, he liked it very much... although it was much harder to keep himself under control, guided by his lust, passion and desire... and just like he was sixteen, it was over all too soon. His body had been longing, yearning, aching to fill its desire so much that it simply couldn't hold on anymore and Yuugi let himself go, not fighting the inevitable. Sighing loudly, Yuugi allowed the orgasm to travel through him, from his head to his toes, shivering with the intense delight. That peak moment when everything came together, those senses culminating, so perfect and so wonderful... he came crashing down hard, panting between Atemu's shoulder blades, smothering a moan against his skin. It didn't take long for the guilt to settle in. How could he have been so selfish, while this was Atemu's first time? He was the worst lover in the world! Instead of paying attention to Atemu, he had bluntly followed his own selfish urges! Yuugi blushed and was glad that Atemu couldn't see his face. The curator still had his eyes closed; maybe he was wondering why Yuugi had stopped his rhythm, but he didn't speak up. Yuugi didn't withdraw yet. He didn't think that Atemu had come and he wanted to make sure that he experienced the same kind of release. He pressed a kiss on top of his head and without breaking up their connection, he rolled onto his side, taking Atemu with him. The curator gasped at the sudden movement but went along, he was like putty in Yuugi's hands.

"My love," Yuugi breathed into his ear. He held one arm around Atemu's chest, keeping him close, and trailed his other hand over his abdomen, to take him in his hand, gently stroking.

"Habibi.." It came out so... lovingly, filled with so much sensuality that it made Yuugi very happy. It wasn't his intention to hear the other beg for release, he just wanted to hear that he'd been doing it right. Atemu wasn't in pain or discomfort and he wanted this, just like he had told him. Yuugi continued to stroke him, increasing the pressure. Just like he had suspected, the penetration itself hadn't made Atemu come. Perhaps it hadn't been the best idea to start out like this, but they both had wanted it so much. Right now, it didn't really matter; Yuugi was more than happy to provide additional stimulation and he increased his hand movements again, stroking just a little harder, and Atemu squirmed and writhed. He started to push against Yuugi's hand, his body acting on its own. "Habibi... I..." he breathed heavily.

"It's alright," Yuugi said. "Show me," he repeated Atemu's earlier words back to him. It didn't take much longer. Atemu ran out of breath and the look on his face was bewildered yet filled with delight and unrepentant pleasure as his orgasm took hold of him. Mouth wide open and his hands almost tearing the pillow apart, he surrendered to his physical reactions, shaking and shivering, chest heaving and legs trembling. Yuugi kept stroking him very lightly, until he was completely spent. He whispered sweet, loving words, knowing that the soft tone was even more important than the words themselves. Atemu turned his head towards him, eyes still closed and gasping and panting, he sagged against Yuugi, totally limp, his body reveling in and enjoying the after waves. Yuugi kissed him on the neck, on his jaw line, his ear and cheek while the other still panted, taken by storm. He didn't withdraw from him yet, enjoying their connection far too much to break it up already.

"Habibi..." Atemu mumbled.

"I'm right here," Yuugi said. "How do you feel?"

"I am tired," he said.

Yuugi wasn't disappointed in his answer. It had been such a cathartic release, in more ways than one, that he'd be really surprised if Atemu had been bouncing off the walls with ecstatic energy. "It's okay," he reassured him. "If you want to sleep, sleep. Your hormones are giving your body all kinds of signals to rest."

"Hormones..?" Atemu repeated.

"Let's not get technical." With a smile, Yuugi kissed him on the neck again. "I love the way you look right now," he said, moving up a little higher to kiss him on the lips. "So relaxed, so at ease." He could feel Atemu smile under his lips, and he kissed him once more.

"Really?"

He nodded. "You look like... you're dreaming with your eyes wide open." Wow, as if he couldn't have picked a cheesier cliche... but it was the truth, and he simply didn't know how else to describe the look on Atemu's face. The curator appreciated his words though, judging from his warm, wide smile. "Amazing," Yuugi said.

"Hm?"

"I've never seen you smile like that! I mean, sure, I've seen you smile before, but this is such a lovely, hot "I-just-got-laid" smile, excuse my crude words..."

Atemu didn't bother to hide his amusement. "It is the truth, habibi. I just got laid... and I liked it."

Yuugi nuzzled him. "You really did, didn't you?"

"It was very weird at first," Atemu said, sounding drowsily.

"Maybe we should've started out differently," Yuugi admitted, "instead of going the full way immediately."

"It does not matter." He reclined against Yuugi, totally at ease. "We can try out a lot of other things, like you said."

"We sure can. You don't know what else I've already got on my mind... and not for me only, my love. For you too. This was my first time as well, sort of. I've never done this before, I was always the bottom."

"Really?" Atemu's eyes widened just a little. "I would never thought so."

"That's because you don't have anyone else to compare me to," Yuugi said, and called up a very stern expression the next second. "Not that I want you to have anyone else to compare me to."

"I would not dream of it, not even with my eyes open." Atemu's sigh was lovingly and deliciously soft; Yuugi realized that he was enjoying their connection as much as he was. He couldn't help himself and nuzzled his lover again.

"We have so many things to discover yet. Think of all the nights of pleasure... and lust... we have ahead of us."

He kissed him. "If it were not for you, I would never have experienced this."

"You showed me faith and trust. It was a big step for you, but I'm glad you took it."

"So do I," Atemu acknowledged, eyes half-lidded. Yuugi returned the kiss.

"Go to sleep, my Pharaoh. I'll take care of everything."

"Did you really... you know, get all the satisfaction..."

"Yes, ustaaz Khalfani," Yuugi teased him just a little. "Stop worrying. Enjoy your sleep."

"I want to help you with..." and he was gone. Yuugi chuckled and pressed one more kiss to Atemu's cheek before withdrawing gently. He rolled out of bed to grab a towel and started to clean them both up. He blew out the candles; most of them had petered out. Yuugi's thoughts were with their lovemaking. It might not have been perfect, but it had been good... and Gods, just thinking about it made him hard all over again. He had to take care of that as well, before going to bed... he was very happy with how the evening had went. It could've ended up a total disaster, but instead he'd been shown endless trust and love, and he was grateful for it. Yuugi took a few moments to watch the sleeping Atemu; he looked so much younger in his relaxed state, no worry or frown on his face, just a content, peaceful expression. It had been worth the wait, Yuugi thought to himself. It had been worth the fight, but he hadn't done all the fighting. Atemu had dealt with his issues concerning his father, letting go of the guilt and sorrow, and finally laying them to rest. The walls he had created and cultivated his entire life, had come crumbling down and he had rebuild himself, the foundations of the walls still there, but not as prominent or as high as before. Atemu still had a long way to go, but compared to where he'd been, at the moment Yuugi got to know him, he simply couldn't believe how the curator had opened up to him. Now, if he only could open up a little more to the people around him, and show him that same kindness and trust as he showed Yuugi... but maybe that was a step too far, for now. It would take time. But if Atemu could take giant steps like he had shown tonight, Yuugi was very convinced that everything would be alright.


He didn't need to show his pass at the National Museum as every employee knew him and greeted him as if he was their colleague. The men called him 'Khalfani-sama's partner', the women simply 'Khalfani-sama's boyfriend' and were amused at their physical similarities. Yuugi would've loved to take the afternoon off, but the Research & Development team was still in disarray as to fix the mistake in the algorithm and he was only allowed one hour for lunchtime. He had shown concern that the problem hadn't been resolved yet, but truth to be told: he had forgotten all about it. With his wonderful evening fresh on his mind, a crooked algorithm was the least of his priorities. He was loyal to his colleagues of course and worked just as hard, while constantly smiling.

Yuugi hurried up the stairs to the Ancient Egypt exhibit, passing the two Tutankhamen statues at the entrance. To his surprise, he saw Malik guiding a large group of tourists around. He didn't want to bother the young man so he didn't wave at him; Malik was too concentrated on his work to return the greeting anyway. Yuugi went into the corridors closed off to tourists and visitors, but open to VIP guests and people like him, with an all-access pass. He searched out Atemu's office and as the door was open, he stuck his head around the corner, immediately spotting the object of his affection behind his large desk.

"Good morning love," he said.

"Habibi," Atemu looked up from his laptop. "I am so sorry I left early this morning, even before you woke up... but with Ishizu gone, the work keeps piling up..."

"You know what I said about work." Yuugi entered the office. "Hire an assistant."

"I have tried to talk Malik into working for me, but he is too busy with his studies."

"I just saw him with a group of tourists?"

"Yes, the museum... or rather I, specifically ask him to. He knows the exhibit very well and his knowledge on Ancient Egypt is very extensive. Besides, it is a great way for him to make some extra money. He says tourists tip well, especially the Americans."

Yuugi planted himself on the desk and moved his hand on top of Atemu's. "Enough about Malik-kun. Did you sleep well?"

"Very well." Atemu lowered his head a little as to avoid showing his deep blush.

Amused, Yuugi continued: "You feel okay? Nothing painful or uncomfortable?"

The curator shook his head, sending his large golden earrings flying. Yuugi tilted his head. "So... what are you not telling me?" he asked, not sure if he interpreted the signals right. Atemu fidgeted.

"I... I think I want to try it again," he said and Yuugi was relieved. When he had found the bed empty this morning, he'd been slightly worried that Atemu felt embarrassed or ashamed after all.

"I'm glad that you liked it, my love. Remember..." he leaned into him, "... everything that I'm doing to you, you can do to me. In fact, I highly recommend it."

Atemu's blush turned an even deeper shade of red. "Habibi... please forgive me for being passive for just a little while longer. There is just so much I have to learn..."

"I understand. I don't mean to pressure you at all, my love. The way you touched me yesterday evening... your fingers all over me..."

"You liked that..?" Their faces were oh so close, and Atemu already parted his lips. "I felt rather clumsy..."

"No... not at all..." Yuugi tilted his head, going in for the kiss.

"Khalfani-sama, the board demands your autograph on... oh!" The young, slender girl almost dropped the heavy paperwork she was carrying. "Excuse me, Mutou-san, I didn't see you!" She bowed so deeply that her nose almost hit the carpet. Yuugi brusquely pulled away from Atemu, startled by the interruption. He straightened himself and quickly got up his feet instead of sitting on the desk. He recognized the secretary and bowed to her.

"Good afternoon, Keiko-san," he said formally.

"Keiko, I told you before to knock!" Atemu barked at her.

"I-I'm sorry, Khalfani-sama," the girl stammered, perplexed.

"It's my fault," Yuugi said, "please don't fault her, Atemu-kun. I left the door open."

Keiko blushed just as hard as Atemu, also because of his familiar addressing of the curator. She fidgeted with the paperwork, unsure of what to do.

Atemu heaved a soft sigh. "My apologies, Keiko," he said. "I will sign the documents."

"Yes, Khalfani-sama, thank you." She put the pile of paperwork on his desk and bowed once again to Yuugi, before hurrying out of the office again. When she was gone, Yuugi took the liberty of kissing him once more.

"I love it how you're every inch the strict and stern curator at work, and such a cute, lovestruck cuddlebug at home."

"You see right through me, habibi," Atemu said as he started signing the documents. He halted, his hand and pen wavering in the air. "You saw through me and my walls, and whatever else I was trying to suppress. Not only did you do whatever it took to bring those walls down, you also gave me a chance."

"It's alright, my love. We're not perfect. We all have our issues, and it doesn't matter that you needed more time to work through them."

"You gave me a chance," Atemu repeated. "Without you, I would never have been able to experience life as it is."

"Life is difficult," Yuugi admitted, "but you would've found your way, I'm sure of it."

"I do not believe I am so sure of it," Atemu said. Yuugi took the pen from his fingers and put it down, on top of the stack of papers.

"I'm sorry, but I only have one hour for my lunch break," he said, a little sheepishly. "I take it you haven't had lunch either? Let's go to the cafeteria... we can talk there."

He nodded and got up from his chair. As he turned towards Yuugi, the latter sneakily wrapped his arms around him. Surprised, but certainly not protesting, Atemu mimicked the movement.

"You know, I think I can get kaa-san and jii-chan out of the house this Saturday. We'll have the entire day to ourselves... just the two of us... we can talk all day... make love all day..."

"Delicious," Atemu answered and engaged into a kiss, taking the initiative for once. Enraptured, Yuugi lost himself and responded passionately, forgetting all about lunch.


Hurriedly, Yuugi left the museum cafeteria. If it hadn't been for Atemu breaking up the wonderful kisses - much to his dismay - they would've skipped lunch altogether. Yuugi hadn't told the curator how much he wanted to indulge his fantasy of taking him right here, right now, on his very own desk. That was another big step, too big for now. He checked his watch. If he could catch the next subway, he'd be in time to... he bumped into someone and immediately exclaimed: "Sorry! My fault!"

"Hey, Yuugi, long time no see," a familiar voice greeted him.

"Malik-kun," Yuugi said. "I'm sorry, I didn't see you."

He was sorely tempted to make a joke about their height difference, but Malik refrained from doing so at the last moment. "You already had lunch?"

"Yes," Yuugi said, "with your boss."

"He's not the boss of me," Malik puffed himself up, "did he tell you that he practically begged me, begged me to take on the tourists? 'Malik, you are the only one who can handle those heathens with no appreciation for culture at all', he told me!"

Yuugi had to laugh. "I'm sure he asked you very, very politely, Malik-kun," he said. "I'd be careful if I were you, he still signs your paycheck."

"As long as I get to keep my tips," he winked at Yuugi.

"Sorry that I can't stay to talk," he apologized. "I'm on my lunch break and I need to get back to the office... but you look really well. Have you heard from Ishizu-san?"

"She'll be home soon," Malik said, looking pleased. "After she wraps up her visit to Libya and Algeria, she's going to stay for a couple of months here in Domino. She's been gone almost the entire year..."

Yuugi could see that he missed his sister and that he was looking very much forward to spend time with her, as a family again. Ishizu's fear that Malik would neglect himself and his studies while she was traveling abroad, hadn't come true. More so, she was quite surprised to learn that he'd been extremely diligent by taking care of himself and the apartment, and going to class everyday. As she was traveling with Rishid, their brother, she'd been afraid that Malik, all alone, wouldn't be able to withstand the lure of fast food, clubbing all night with his fellow students and sleeping in every day. Secretly, Yuugi was glad that Atemu had passed up on this position; life would've been terribly miserable without his love so close to him.

"Let me know when she's back, alright?" he asked. "We should get together for dinner and catch up! I'm sorry," he apologized again, "I really have to go."

"Nice to see you again," Malik said. "Oh, by the way, I ran into Keiko earlier..."

"Yes..?"

"Did she really catch you in the act?" He grinned.

"What? No! I mean... in the act of kissing, yes, nothing more!"

Malik was amused. "So Khalfani makes kissy-faces in his office... I'd never held that for possible!"

"Well, you should know what kind of faces he makes at home!" Yuugi blurted out. The next second, he realized what he had said. Malik threw his head into his neck and laughed out loud.

"Seriously? Finally? You're serious, aren't you? Tell me it's true!"

"Malik-kun, please," Yuugi said, wishing he could take his words back. "Be discreet about this, please..?"

"Of course," Malik said, still grinning. "But you can't keep me from telling it to my sister. This day will go down into the history books as the day our curator got laid after years of pent-up sexual frustration."

"Malik-kun!"

"You're going to be late," he said pleasantly and Yuugi had no choice but to hurry to the nearest subway station. He was never going to make it, so he had to make up for lost time by staying after business hours. Yuugi took out his cellphone to text Atemu that he was going to be late this evening. As he added hearts and kisses emojis to his message, he sure hoped Malik would keep his big mouth shut.


"You have to tell me your secret, habibi," Atemu said. "How did you get kaa-san and jii-chan so far to leave the house for an entire day?"

"It wasn't that difficult," Yuugi confessed. "I told them that we needed some time for ourselves and they love going to the shopping mall, so..."

"Is it possible for her to push jii-chan around in his wheelchair all day?"

"It's an electric wheelchair," Yuugi said. "Jii-chan can operate it himself and should he get tired, kaa-chan can take over the controls." He snuggled up to Atemu. After breakfast, they had returned to bed and had been cuddling and snuggling all morning. Yuugi loved lazy days like this; no obligations, no work, just the two of them. He draped his arm over Atemu's bare chest and traced circles all over his skin. In the privacy of their own room, nudity had never been a problem; Atemu never lacked confidence in his body, but in physical intimacy and the emotions surrounding it. Yuugi was actually curious if their first time together was just a breakthrough like the 'cleansing ritual' in which Yuugi had Atemu write down the things, emotions or feelings, that he wanted to let go of. Afterwards, they had burned the pieces of paper together, the resulting smoke symbolizing those negative subjects flowing away, dissolving into the air. Ever since that ritual, Atemu had admitted to feeling much lighter, less heavy-hearted, finally able to deal with the sorrow and grief he had experienced all his life. To help him even more, Yuugi had him add a picture of his father (he didn't have one of his mother, unfortunately) to the Mutou family shrine. Whenever incense or a candle was burned, or food or water was offered, his father was included in the ceremony as well, which was a soothing, comforting thought to the curator. Yuugi enjoyed the feel of Atemu's arm around him, his hand on his shoulder and upper arm.

"We sure have come a long way, haven't we?" he suddenly said.

Atemu tilted his head. "What do you mean, habibi?"

"Well... when we just met... we had so many complications in the beginning."

"You mean I had so many complications in the beginning," Atemu corrected him. His voice was completely neutral, he wasn't talking about himself in a depreciative manner. "I had so much to learn. I never knew a relationship could be this hard, but then again, I never gave myself the chance to experience one before."

Yuugi was happy with Atemu's insight. "It wasn't just you, my love. I was pushing too hard and I tried to change you. I wasn't accepting you as you are and wanted to mold you into something that was fitting my own skewered vision of a perfect relationship."

"I do not think your vision was that skewered," Atemu said and gave him a kiss on top of his head. "You wanted a boyfriend who was much more open, someone who did not carry his past as an ugly weight with him, someone who was mentally better balanced... and someone who would not take as long as I did to get... ah, more intimate."

"Don't sell yourself short." Yuugi raised his head, craning his neck. "You never had it easy and you came a very long way, even before I met you. What you still had to learn, was a mystery to you... and I guess I had to teach it to you, if only for you to love yourself and not weigh yourself down with all that grief and sorrow."

More kisses. He could be kissed all day and die a happy man. He moved his upper body up to lie in Atemu's arms, reveling in the embrace.

"You were a very good teacher," Atemu said between kisses.

"You also taught me a lot," Yuugi gave back. "We had our struggles. We had our bad moments. But as of late, we've been going very steady and very smoothly." He moved his hand, putting it on Atemu's hip so he could keep himself stable. "More," he demanded.

Another kiss. "Oh, before I forget... did you talk to Malik-kun, by any chance?"

Atemu frowned. "Malik? How come you are thinking of him all the sudden?"

"I ran into him the last time I was at the museum, you know, to have lunch with you..?"

"Yes..."

"... he mentioned that Ishizu-san was coming back soon, and he was looking forward to see her again, of course."

"Ah yes, that is true. I have noted the date of her return flight somewhere..."

"It's not important. Did you talk to him, though?"

"As a matter of fact, I do not talk to him that often," Atemu said. "The Human Resources Department calls him whenever a group of tourists book a guided tour. The Puzzle still attracts a lot of visitors, and all that attention is good for the museum. He is very busy with his studies. Why do you ask?"

"Nothing in particular," Yuugi said, his voice light. It wasn't that important. Malik wasn't mean-spirited, and if he ever quipped or joked in that specific direction... well, Yuugi would deal with it when it came to that. He put it out of his mind and focused on Atemu again. Shifting once more, he slid on top of Atemu, softly gasping from the contact and the slight friction. The curator moved his arms around him and resumed kissing.

Yuugi cupped Atemu's face, making sure that his elbows weren't painfully poking in his ribs. "About what you said at the museum..."

"I say a lot of things," Atemu deadpanned.

"You're very bad at cracking jokes," Yuugi said. "It's quite adorable, and it's uniquely you."

"I am sorry I do not have a sense of humor," he deadpanned again. Chuckling, Yuugi kissed him on the nose.

"You know very well what you said. Do you want me to repeat it to you?"

"Yes," Atemu said and shivered when Yuugi whispered into his ear: "I think I want to try it again."

"Yes," he said again.

"Are you sure?" Yuugi sought out his gaze. "You don't have to..." and then his eyes went wide. "You squeezed my ass!" he cried out. "How dare you!"

"I could not help myself," Atemu said. "It was such a good opportunity."

Yuugi smiled at him. "You're making very good progress." He enjoyed the warm touch of Atemu's hands on his lower backside; those slender fingers caressing his skin, traipsing and darting up and down along his spine. He reveled in this kind of attention, feeling at ease in the other's arms and content to kiss and cuddle him. They had all day to be together like this, and with the pressure and the intensity of 'the first time' gone, they were truly relaxed and ready to explore and enjoy, trusting and taking care of each other.

"I love you," Yuugi said.

"I love you too," Atemu replied immediately. He had moved his hands up again, playing with Yuugi's hair, touching his neck and shoulders. Why rush? Yuugi was in the mood for slow, sensual lovemaking and Atemu followed his lead; he had every bit of confidence that sooner or later, the curator would take more initiative and feel more confident to perhaps take on the role as the dominating partner every now and then. Yuugi didn't mind at all showing him the ropes; he wasn't all that terribly experienced either, but more than enough to teach Atemu what felt good, what felt great... it was the start of another journey, completing and deepening their relationship. Responding to their passion while greatly loving each other, it was a Saturday well-spend in the bedroom, with loud cries of ecstasy and heated desire, and Yuugi thanked his lucky stars that his grandfather and mother weren't at home - and that they didn't have any neighbors.

 

-------------------------------


Part 8 | Part 10 (not up yet) |